Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Question 4..Carb Cravings, How I Combat Them

This is such an amazing question. The reason I say this is because trust me when I tell u I am a southern Belle born and raised there wasn't anything in my diet that wasn't a carb.. Potatoes, breads, pastas, I mean u name it we do it and do it right in the south. Well I won't lie when I tell u it wasn't easy.
One thing I want you to remember though is you aren't cutting out carbs you are switching the kind of carbs you eat. You are now going to eat complex carbs. What I mean by this is instead of eating a big baked potato, eat a big baked sweet potato,  instead of white bread have whole grain bread. Instead of white rice yiu have brown rice. I am going to add a link to a page I found offline that was so helpful.. I actually made a copy of this and have it on hand just to keep me on my toes. I was asked how I handled the craving that come with cutting out those foods. Well I will say I haven't had alot of craving for them but if I do I always try to grab a piece of fruit or a rice cake with some almond butter.
It's not easy but it is so worth it. I drink about a gallon and a half of water every day which is a big change for me and it also helps with the carb cravings.
Please keep in mind I am no doctor, I like every one else is doing what I know works for me so far. Everyone's body is different and will respond different to things. Take you time,  don't get discouraged and never ever be afraid to ask for help..
If you happen every any questions you would like to ask please send them to
divatammy93@gmail.com.  I appreciate your support and look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: