Friday, August 26, 2016

1200 Calories A Day.. What That Looks Like

As most of you know dieting isn't an easy thing to do. There is cost and taste and so many things that play a roll in it. I live in the south so that also makes it very hard. Everything in the south is fried, rolled in flour/cornmeal and fried again and then after all that it is covered in some kind of amazing gravy.Now don't get me wrong i was raised in the most amazing place on earth and wouldn't trade it for the world. With all this said, all of that makes it very hard to loose weight when it comes time. Well with all this being said i had to get it together and get some weight of due to the fact that my years of this bad eating i ended up with a cholesterol issue. I then found out i couldn't take the meds for the cholesterol due to an allergy so i had to make some changes. It was going to have to start with diet.
So after some extensive research i had the knowledge i needed to get my health back on track..
This is what a day in my kitchen looks like and a day of my 1200 calories.
i keep a strict schedule because it's the only way i can hold myself accountable. These times can be done to suit you of course and also remember if you aren't big on breakfast that's ok too as long as if you are going to have it you do it within three hours of you waking up... Also make sure it is the highest in protein for the day so that it burns fat through out the day..I am going to set this up as a a timed list so that it's easier to understand..

  • 6:00 Am- Morning Whey Protein Shake
  • 9:00 Am- A high protein snack such as beef jerky or a Greek yogurt or almonds
  • 12:00 Noon- A whey protein shake
  • 3:00 Pm- Another high protein snack like listed above
  • 6:00 Pm- I have a high protein 500 to 600 calorie Supper. I will list a couple of my faves that i make so you get an idea.. 

Now alot of meal plans want you to eat 6 times a day. To me i can't eat that late so i looked at that 9pm snack as one i will do if i am awake and if i am just really needing something. So keep in mind that time one would be a high protein snack like the ideas listed above..
Grilled Chicken Salad with salsa and greens

Chicken TurkeyBacon Wrap 

Tuna And Black Bean Salad




**Disclaimer: I in no way claim to be an expert, I am just simply sharing with you what has worked and what continues to work for me. Thank you so much for your questions and if you have questions you'd like to submit please email to divatammy93@gmail.com. Thanks so much. Tammy Ann.

No comments: